In front of a black-and-white photo you try more to understand what is happening between the persons, whereas with color you should immediately be affected by the different tones which express a situation. So (…) the object and its color are one and the same thing, which by the way is one of the principles of the theory of perception. Form and color are inseparable.
It is always the dress; it is never, never the girl. I’m just a good clothes hanger.
The scene in Billy Wilder’s Stalag 17 when the fellow prisoners of Barracks Four open up Sefton’s foot locker. Among the goodies are a couple of Leica III’s (with collapsible Elmars) mounted on the inside of the box’s lid.
Identification of the bodies and lenses comes from the invaluable geek resource, Andrew Nemeth’s Leica FAQ
People copy, people steal. Most of the pictures they make nowadays are loaded down with special effects. I couldn’t do that. I quit smoking because I couldn’t reload my Zippo.
- Leonard Cohen | On Conde Guitars
- Chiang Mai | Hill Tribe Area
- Bucharest | Gypsy Apartments
- Romania | The Shepherd
- Chiang Mai | The Chinese Monk
- Thailand | Chiang Mai
- Thailand | Chiang Rai
- Werner Herzog | On Celluloid
- Chiang Mai | Hmong Hill Tribe
- Chiang Mai | The Karen Hill Tribe
- Arthur C. Clarke | The HAL – IBM Myth
- Chiang Mai | Palong Hill Tribe
- Ridley Scott | Kubrick Footage in Blade Runner
- Chiang Mai | Longneck Hill Tribe
- Louis CK | Leica Shooting, USO Tour
- Born Yogis
- Chiang Mai
- dougKIM photography
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- São Paulo
- Washington DC